Pastry Sous Chef
Four Seasons Hotel Moscow
- Assist Pastry Chef in planning and development of pastry menus for the hotel, ensure the correct preparation and presentation of a consistent level for all food items prepared through production and demonstration, check and coordinate details of each pastry function according to order
- Control labor and operating expenses through effective scheduling, budgeting, purchasing decisions, and inventory control
- Select, train, evaluate, lead, motivate, coach, and discipline all employees in the pastry kitchen area to ensure that established cultural and core standards are met; daily activities and operational planning
- Ensure that sanitation standards as set forth by Four Seasons, local, state, and federal regulations are in compliance as well as the cleanliness and organization of the kitchen
- Maintain control systems which will assure quality and portion consistency, monitor food shipments to ensure they meet established purchasing specifications as well and foster an awareness of the importance of food preparation and quality
- Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors
- Prepare pastry items.
- Assist with set-up and cleaning of operational areas.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Requires reading, writing and oral proficiency in English language
- Education: College degree preferably specializing in hotel/restaurant management or culinary arts, or equivalent experience is required.
- Experience: 3 to 5 years previous experience in pastry kitchen management positions.
- Skills and Abilities:Requires a working knowledge of division operations
- Working knowledge is generally learned on-the-job.
- Requires ability to operate computer equipment and other food & beverage computer systems.
- Requires the ability to operate and utilize culinary production equipment and tools.
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package
- High corporate culture
- Career opportunity
- Corporate trainings